Sessions with Rachael
A. Tips for counseling with Rachael:
- PLEASE, always feel free and comfortable to ask me questions or share concerns. I look forward to us working together!
- Voice mail on my phone is confidential (607-592-4981)
- Email is good for scheduling/rescheduling appointments, but not for getting into substantial therapeutic issues.
- You are responsible for understanding your particular insurance policy and for finding out and being responsible for your co-payments.
- Co-pays are expected to be paid at each session. I bill the insurance company directly.
B. Cancellation Policy (** Please make sure you understand this!!!)
I ask for 24 hours notice if you need to cancel a scheduled appointment time. That gives me a chance to refill the slot. I expect you to pay, in full, for any session that is canceled with less than 24 hours notice, unless you or your child is sick or if there is an emergency.
As a mandated NY State reporter, I am obligated to report situations in which child abuse or neglect may be occurring. I also have a “duty to warn”, if there is a likelihood that you may harm yourself or someone else.
D. What Can I Expect The First Time We Meet?
When we meet for the first time, we start to get to know each other. I conduct an intake interview. I ask factual questions (e.g. name, address) and questions about your physical health and family history. You may print an intake form and fill it out prior to your appointment to allow for more time at your first session.
You talk about why you decided to seek therapy, and we begin to formulate some goals. This is also an opportunity for us to get a sense of what it’s like to work together. If at the end of the first session, or soon thereafter, we decide for any reason that your needs would be better served by someone else, I will do my best to provide more appropriate referrals.
E. How Long Will Therapy Take?
The length of treatment depends on your particular situation. After I learn more about the issues you want to work on, I might be able to provide you with some idea of how long we might be working together.
F. How Long Do Sessions Last?
Sessions are 50 minutes. We normally schedule regular sessions once a week, at set times, depending on your needs. We will decide whether to meet more or less often.
Please call or e-mail me for more information and/or to set up an appointment. I return most phone calls within 24 hours during normal business hours or by the next business day if left on the weekend. Please send e-mail for inquiries only. I am not able to conduct therapy via email.
*If you are feeling suicidal or in an emotional crisis, please contact Suicide Prevention and Crisis Services: 607-272-1616
H. Fees, Payment, and Insurance
- $120 per 50-minute session
- I accept credit cards
- I accept Excellus BlueCross BlueShield and Aetna insurance
- You are responsible for understanding your particular insurance policy and for finding out and being responsible for your co-insurance payments.
I ask that you clear your balance and pay at the time of delivery of service, each visit so that the time and expense of billing will not be necessary. Please discuss any fee difficulties with me as they arise so that alternative arrangements may be explored. A sliding scale fee is available if necessary. Please note that therapy fees may constitute a tax-deductible medical expense. You may request a receipt for such purposes.
“Be patient toward all that is unresolved in your heart. Try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers. Live the questions now.”
~ Rainer Maria Rilke